Business Advisor - Digital Innovation Advisor x 2 Roles
Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub has a vacancy for an experienced individual who is passionate about the use of digital technology to drive business innovation and wants to become part of our growing team of specialist Digital Innovation advisors, delivering high quality support services to business with opportunities to achieve growth.
The applicant will have a strong background in digital technology and infrastructure, ideally with some relevant experience in delivering digital infrastructure advice and support in a one to one and one to many capacity (training/workshops). The Digital Advisor will provide practical, in-depth digital advice to SME business owners, and senior managers of companies, looking to invest in the development and commercialisation of new products or services. The applicant will join a team that helps businesses develop their market opportunities, and will diagnose ways in which digital technology can help drive the exploitation of new ways of working or product and service ideas. Activities include providing hands-on support to find the best resources, expertise or funding required to achieve the businesses’ digitisation objectives.
Drawing on your own practical experience of digital delivery, you will work with the wider Digital team and a range of partners including universities, and private sector specialists to deliver support to SME businesses. Your main responsibilities will focus on engaging with businesses in Greater Manchester to help them identify how digital technology can help them better develop ideas, processes and services with an end objective of growth across the region.
The successful applicant will be a well-established and confident individual, with significant experience in digital innovation. Previous experience in the delivery of business support or consultancy services would be desirable, but not essential.
- Sales and Account management skills
- Digital Infrastructure knowledge including, but not limited to, computer hardware, servers, telephony, cloud and CRM
- Presentation skills both written and oral
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, administrative and project management skills
- Well-developed office IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, e-mail and CRM databases.
Qualifications / Experience
- At least degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a Management body or the relevant business experience to match those
- Significant experience of engaging with businesses to deliver digital advice and support businesses with the implementation of digital technologies
- Proven track record in managing the range of business issues associated with periods of business growth
- Proven track record in working effectively in a professional team
- Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development in a one to one or one to many capacity.
Interviews will take place in or around the first week of August.
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Business Growth Hub aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location.
These are fixed term roles until 31 December 2018.
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for a full job description and the skills and qualifications needed.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below. As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be sent by e-mail so we advise that you check your inbox and Spam folder regularly.