Head of Business Marketing
The Growth Company (GC) delivers an ambitious suite of business related services across the UK. Within Greater Manchester we determine and deliver business growth services through our nationally recognised GC Business Growth Hub (GC BGH). GC BGH help ambitious businesses think differently about how to increase their bottom line, boost profile, and develop for growth.
The successful Head of Business Marketing will lead on the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing, sales and client engagement strategies to measurably increase client acquisition and retention. Operating across the North West you will focus on lead generation to win new business, cross-selling to existing clients, customer satisfaction and leading a dynamic marketing and events team. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind-set and a self-starter with a track record in business marketing. Whilst working closely with the GC BGH brand, you will be expected to work across the suite of GC’s business propositions to develop a strategy direction that delivers growth and unification across the Group.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Create and implement strategic business development and marketing plans
- Commission and deliver marketing campaigns to meet objectives
- Propose and deliver routes to market that optimise sales conversion and drive business development activity
- Conduct market research and look to identify potential for future services/programmes
- Map markets and identify key customers, manage and utilise the CRM proactively
- Assess contract bidding process to match market growth areas
- Implement a relationship approach to clients/partners/suppliers to broaden and deepen existing relationships.
- Manage and best utilise budgets to ensure maximum ROI and efficiencies
- As the business proposition moves to a digital first offering, an understanding of digital channels and project management would be beneficial
GC Business Growth Hub is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all job applicants and members of staff. We encourage applications from individuals with a disability.
Interviews will be held on w/c 6 August 2018.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location.
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for a full job description and the skills and qualifications needed.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below. As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be sent by e-mail so we advise that you check your inbox and Spam folder regularly.