Project Manager - Innovation
The Growth Company has a vacancy for an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced individual who is passionate about project management excellence and working with others to achieve contract goals. Reporting directly to our Head of Innovation and Programme Development the role specifically takes responsibility for a number of Innovation focused contracts aimed at supporting ambitious SMEs with the potential for innovation and growth through a range of services.
Ideally you will have a strong history of working in funded contracts co-financed with European Regional Development Funds (ERDF), or other UK funding streams. You will provide practical day to day contract management and reporting support to ensure clear outcomes are achieved.
Your focus will be on using strong interpersonal skills along with reporting processes and performance analysis to influence and guide responsible service managers towards contract goals. Drawing on your previous experience you will need to identify issues and work with service managers to overcome any challenges that might prevent a successful contract outcome. You will work with heads of service, service managers, administrators and finance teams to ensure contract objectives are met on time and within budget.
You should have the ability and knowledge to proactively carry out your duties and will be required to undertake regular meetings with services managers, carry out performance analysis, prepare monthly reports and complete quarterly detailed reports to our funders. You will also contribute to wider communications about project performance with our external stakeholders.
You will work as part of an experienced team, and work closely with colleagues from different professions and departments. The ability to build and maintain productive relationships with internal colleagues will be critical. You will want to make a difference to our services, by helping to develop and grow their activity by providing high quality support.
The successful applicant will be a confident individual who is well versed in managing complex projects. Experience of business innovation, including research and development would be advantageous, as is previous experience in the delivery of business support or consultancy services.
- Proven ability to achieve positive results and outcomes and
- Proven ability to lead complex projects which require professional, positive and effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to manage end to end project and contract processes through supporting procedures and data systems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications / Experience
- Management of publicly funded projects, including the compliance and monitoring of contracts and systems to track performance and meet defined targets and competing priorities.
- Management of and accounting for public funds and exposure to audit.
- Procurement and management of partners / consultants.
- Tracking and producing performance management data
- Stakeholder relationships.
Interviews will take place on w/c 2 July 2018.
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location.
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for a full job description and the skills and qualifications needed.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below. As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be sent by e-mail so we advise that you check your inbox and Spam folder regularly.